Due to ongoing changes designed to help limit coronavirus (COVID-19) risk on campus, the Program in Critical Theory regretfully announces that the following events have been POSTPONED until further notice:
- 3/12 YEAR 1 with Susan Buck-Morss
- 3/12 Native/Immigrant/Refugee: Movements Across Contested Grounds
- 3/12 Theories of the Global South Working Group
- 3/16 “Visiting Days” CT Welcome Event for Prospective Berkeley Ph.D. Students
- 3/16 A Precarious Happiness: Adorno on Negativity and Normativity with Peter E. Gordon
- 3/17 Seminar/Conversation with Peter E. Gordon on “Adorno, Negativity, and Normativity”—including a discussion of the “Meditations on Metaphysics” section of Adorno’s book Negative Dialectics (1966) with Peter E. Gordon
- 3/18 Law Without Future: Anti-Constitutional Politics and the American Right
- 4/7 Theorizing Mutant Neoliberalism with William Callison and Zachary Manfredi
- 4/16 Theories of the Global South Working Group
- 4/16 2020 Annual Marie G. Ringrose Lecture in Italian Studies, The Promise of Happiness in Colonial Libya: Fascism, Architecture, and Wellbeing, with Graziella Parati
- 4/16 Revolutionary Closure: Rethinking Paradigm Shifts with Walter Benjamin and Margaret Masterman with Eva von Redecker
- 4/17 The Rise of the Right: A Symposium
- 4/28 Distorting Ethics: Narcisa Hirsch’s Experiments with Erin Graff Zivin
Programming updates may be ongoing as we receive news from campus. Please check back here for further updates to events as they come.
We look forward to resuming our quality lectures and events soon!